View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:03 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I have two favorite shops in Kalona but I quess I've never seen the Mennonite shop. I think I have seen a sign for it but never checked it out.
Small world- we are from mt. Pleasant..My daughter is in New London they lived in Davenport for 3 years while her husband went to Palmer he now has a clinic in New London. My middle child Nathan is half owner of Woodsmall Electric and is in Winfield My youngest son is an electrician also and is in Swedesburg. We're in Salem. We spent one week out of every month in Davenport while they were there and we stayed for a couple of weeks when her first son was born premature.
I was intimidated by the road system of going up Brady and then having to come back a differant way!! My kids lived off of Rockingham road. But I eventually got used to it.

When my daughter had her second son in Genesis East I had been up for 48 hours by the time it was all over. WE took off to find the hotel we had reserved rooms in. I was so tired I could hardly see. I drove out on -what is the road you turn onto at the top of Brady? Iforget- anyway I ended up in Illinoid becaus noone told me that the street took a turn to the right and I never saw any signs! by the time I found the hotel it was 10 am and the lady told me the room wouldn't be ready until 1pm I told her if I had to wait that long I would melt on the carpet where I stood! She found us a room that was already cleaned!!