View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by MZStitch
How about a design board! Go to your local Lowes or Home Depot and ask for Homosote, it is a board made out of compressed recycled newspaper. Homosote is a name brand I have heard, Lowes had it but didn't call it that, but the guy knew exactly what I was talking about. Buy a large good quality flannel sheet(preferably white so it doesn't interfere with the colors she's designing with) and staple it around to be back of the board. Hang it on the wall and she can move her blocks around the wall without pins, as the cotton fabric sticks to the flannel and she can also use pins to tack patterns and other things to the board while she is working a project! I love mine, and use it constantly.
I have a friend who has one of the collapsible ones you can buy and she chose gray for the color of flannel. Believe it or not, it's a much better color than the white/off white color because it doesn't compete with what you're putting on it.

My suggestion would be a peg board to hang rulers, thread and scissors and things off of.

I think you are a wonderful husband and she will appreciate anything you do for her. Good for you! :thumbup: