View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:55 AM
Sew and Sew

First of all I did go to a site and downloaded 4 block patterns that I kept repeating......I did not do it the way their instructions told you......because when I "cut" the pieces it ended up too small, so I did it my way......
1. Copied the 4 blocks
2. Cut out muslin, white fabric, whatever you have on hand. I used 12x12 inch block.
3. Then I took a magic marker, or pencil, or dispearing pen.....what ever (be aware of using light fabric and your ink showin through and copied the block drawings.........
4. The only fabric I cut into a pattern......was the 1st piece that goes down ( you will note when you get your patterns they are numbered in order they go down on each block.
5. After that 1st piece goes down......then the fun begins.....grap scraps ( you do not have to cut, just make sure it is big enough to cover the puzzle piece or pie shape you need.......then so it right sides together to piece 1, then open up to right side and press, then continue.......when you are through with that block.....you can square it up.......embellish however you want.
6.Then I sewed blocks into rows (already completed with embellishments, sewed rows together, then embelished the row seams....... that's it.......fun.....baby quilts do well with this too........just use your fabric....and if you have an embroidery machine, you can put little things on scattered pieces.....and perhaps make blocks smalller........it is really a no hassle, stress free way of doing it......really good for beginners........thanks