Old 03-31-2009, 08:38 AM
mkanderson

Some of you special ladies answered my request for “scraps”! And you all blessed me with scraps!!! :lol: Since having a knee replacement that didn’t go well, I have been confined to the house other than to Physical Therapy and decided to “try” my hand at a Crazy Quilt I have wanted to make for a long time! :!:
I came across the site for Fun & Done on here a bit back and decided that I would make the Crazy Quilt by that method so I wouldn’t have to have it quilted. Most of mine are quilted by a friend that has a long arm machine. I have quilted several by hand.
I cut 12 inch square batting and “sewed” the pieces to the batting using some of the decorate stitches on my Singer 50/50 (Please don’t look too close as I don’t want anyone hurt by falling out of their chair laughing!!! LOL) I had never tried these stitches before and there are many that I didn’t get sewn very well and will have to “whip stitch” with a needle and thread!!!!
After I had the pieces sewn to the batting I tied the blocks with 6 strand embroidery thread to the backing and turned the backing over and sewed it to the front of the block. A first time doing this too!!!!
I have five across and two rows down on it at this time but it is going pretty good! It will be just throw for the couch and hope to improve as I go!
Will post finished picture when I get it done.
Mary
Attached Thumbnails attachment-27361.jpe   attachment-27468.jpe   attachment-27469.jpe