Old 05-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Quilt'n Nana

First of all, I think your quilt is really great. I hope you are not trying to hard to copy the picture,because art is an interpretation. With that being said, I think that thing that strikes me the most is the tree and the smaller tree?/bush is hiding to much of the building. It is very dark fabric which give some contrast, but the size is over-whelming to the building. If you think in terms of landscaping a house, what is the first thing we learn is not to plant to close to the house or have the tree to big. Maybe this is why it is bothering you so much, especially at this stage. Otherwise, I love what you have done so far. Try to go with the advise that less is more. Pick the items in the picture that you love and then only add what you feel is needed to make you happy. I think that thread painting the trees instead of fabric would give you the feathering look you see in the picture. I will be anxious to see the completed project. Don't get discouraged as you have done an excellent job so far.