View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 03:06 AM
Yarn or Fabric

Our closest Walmart that had the best and busiest fabric department closed it down and are in the process of their rebuild of the store. The new set up is horrific I have to say... and the precuts of fabric in 2 yard bundles is very disappointing. There is no variety and the quality is kind of iffy. It's very sad that they did it. I know that I have stopped shopping at Walmart since I have less reason to go there... I have been getting my groceries now more at the grocery stores closer to me... I wonder how my store is faring now that they destroyed our fabric department..

Oh and the prices of the 2 yard cuts is $4 a yard - $7.96 for two yards. I can probably do better at Joann's or Hancock's with a 40% off coupon and have a better selection... so I haven't supported their new *improved* fabric department.

I was told that the other stores in town - we have 2 with really nice fabric departments and 3 more with mediocre departments - will all be losing their fabrics in the upcoming year or so.. and the return of the fabric is just the precut junk they are selling at our store. It's the way my town is going.

I'm so glad that others are actually getting cutting tables back. It's a glimmer of hope at least.