View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 08:37 AM
viadarling

Hey ladies - I know I am a bit late on this thread but I have been trying to search around and see what quilter's are saying about what is happening to fabric. I have been appalled at the steady decline in quality from top manufacturer's. To increase prices is one thing but when it is coupled with a drastic decline in fabric quality that is another thing!

The biggest factor that contributed to the decline was the fact that most of our quilting cottons came from Pakistan and they stopped exporting after major flooding :( Cottons now have to be obtained from China who is also the major holder in cotton and unfortunately the quality is just not there. It seems to me that top manufacturers across the board are declining in quality so sad as it seems that may be what we are seeing until the economy recovers (fingers crossed that the quality comes back!!!)

I think quilters need to contact manufacturers and complain so they know that people are not happy!! If we keep buying the fabric we are only implying that this is okay with us!

:) off my soapbox now!