Old 05-17-2011, 08:55 AM
PKWard

Rosie, my husband is a chemical engineer and he does OVER think, OVER build and is just OVER the top in everything in his life. I have met some male engineers who were not as intense as my husband, but as a whole they are a intense group of people. Maybe your daughter being a female balances things out better those most male engineers. You actually give me hope because I could see my 17 year daughter being some type of engineer. :)

Don't be offended by those of us that have lived with engineers for many years. My engineer is a good husband, good father, good provider, but he is kind of exhausting. However, if he is on a engineering blog there is no telling what he writes about his stay-at-home wife/mom of his kids/quilter!!! ;)

Originally Posted by rosemary krupski
PLEEEEZE do not categorize engineers!!! They are NOT all alike. My daughter is a chemical engineer for a large prestigious company and she is a very warm and sweet person. She loves to do crafts, scrapbooking, and I am trying to get her interested in quilting now. I taught her how to sew when she was very young and she showed alot of interest in. She even made some of her own clothes. She understands the practical "needs" of a quilter and does not over-evaluate everything. Maybe it's that "women" engineers think differently. They deal with problems at home and at work and don't make a huge complicated project out of everything.
So.......please don't put all engineers in the same category. There are some that don't fit the general mold.
I hope these comments don't offend anyone, but the idea just pulled at my heart strings. LOL