View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 09:34 AM
NatalieMacDonald

You are right! This is once in a life time. I'm drooling. I know where Ridgecrest is and this makes this a sweet find.

I should tell you a quick story...about 40 years ago, my Grandmother lived out in the desert near Ridgecrest. My Dad decided to fly his Cessna 190 from the Bay Area to Ridgecrest and he took my brother and me plus a couple of suitcases. This is a two seater plane. I was in the tail of the plane. It was dark (no radar system) when we got to Ridgecrest, as we were making the approach to the landing strip, we hit the top of trees, made a nose dive and dad pulled it up and made a hard landing. The next day when taking off, because we were too heavy, dad had me in front sqashed with my brother. We ran out of runway, went out in the field and there was a barbed wire fence in front of us. Too much speed so dad pulled on the stick and forced the plane over the fence and away we went.

...years later, Dad was still flying (though a few crashes happened) and asked to take my children for a plane ride and I said no way! He couldn't understand why not.