Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 AM
okiepastor

SN AG334402 1/21/42 is a BLACKSIDE. No decals except for Singer on the head. It is crinkle black-don't recall if all the crinkle blacks were blackside.

Anyone know?

It does have a sliver faceplate. Slideplates, foot, spool pin are black. (Tommie says she would hunt for a blackside faceplate.) Anyone out there have one???

Also one acc. foot is black. It is missing one hinge .....the above information is from Tomilu this am in a PM......I could not for the life of me get that coffin case open--it was MOST frustrating!

The rest of the saga---the machine that had been sitting in a friend's closet for nearly 10 years is a 66...

And we will see what the 306K is like when Tommie and Don get to her--I was scared of the wiring as I got horribly shocked once checking out an old machine....I did find a source for needles thanks to this board, but have not ordered them yet..... Pretty scary what the wrong needle does to the bobbin case--saw pics somewhere--maybe here???

I am in the process of oiling up the Kenmore 158--which has ALL the cams plus the buttonholer plates, etc.......she does sew, but do not want to use her till she is oiled as she is VERY dry. Have to wait for hubby to take the screws out of the bottom plate--I cannot budge them a lick.

WHOPPPEEE---my vintage Vikings are home-thanks to Tommie and Don--also my old Precision. I am about to go mend jeans now that I have a free arm again that is not a wimp!

Did anyone noticed that since I found this board, the vintage machine addiction I have has escalated????? They were just sitting there in the living room minding their own business peacefully, and now they are all getting re-dos!

Are y'all SERIOUS enablers, or what? :>)