View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chickadeee55
Scissor Queen, yes I have heard of the prisms as a correction to the problem, but they told me it will continue to get worse as that is not a cure.
They suggest therapy, costs up to 3500. plus and in the end it may not work, but it is suppose to correct the problem, like retrain the eyes.
My insurance will not cover this treatment, it is not a proven therapy. And I have nothing to compare it with, will it work, I can't find anyone that has had tried it, outside the doctors office. I hate to say this, but is it a scam!. I don't think so, but it is alot of money.
Was hoping someone had some experience with it to help me make a decision which way to go.
Thank you for your comment.
The first question I have is .... who has recommended this treatment to you? An opthamologist? If so, s/he should be able to give you some solid and credible info about it.

If it's by your optician ... again, ask for the info, but also get a second opinion by someone at a higher level, ie an opthamologist.

I did say earlier that I don't have the VC issues to deal with, despite all my eye problems. That's not really true ... I do have prisms in my eye glasses for that problem. I just don't register as it being an issue for myself, being that it's correct/managed via the prisms.

Of course, it depends on how serious your problem is and whether the prisms can fully manage it for you. Again, an opthamologist should be able to give you some good insights into the near future about this as well as your long term probabilities.

And yes, nothing is guaranteed .... I'd be like you asking some serious questions about the $$$ when they are giving you such a marginal view towards the results!