View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 12:11 PM
DonnaFreak

Howdy y'all :c)

I was on vacation last week and was able to finish the quilt I've been working on to give to my daughter's teacher. My daughter is 18 years old and is autistic, so she has had the same teacher for the past 3 years. This lady was also her aide for 3 years before she got her teaching degree. I wanted to do something special for her since this is my daughter's senior year (although she can still go for 3 more years to learn life skills), so I made this quilt for her. I took it to be quilted last night and it is supposed to be done by Monday. I will be giving it to her at the class picnic next Thursday. I sure hope she likes it!

I've been quilting for less than a year, and I try to learn a new technique on each quilt I do. I actually learned 4 new techniques on this one! Each apple block was done using paper pieceing, this was my first time doing a nine patch, I had never done fussy-cutting before, and I also learned how to put on a border with this quilt! :c)

Donna

Paper-piecing, 9-patch, and fussy cutting around the "Days of the Week Children".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198353[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-198347.jpe