View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Ramona Byrd

My husband and I volunteer at an all volunteer food pantry (The Committee Food Connection of Blount County). I have started to go thru items folks always sem to give over to me, sort them, bag it and put out for the 'clients' at the pantry to take Free. If you have to come into get food, you surely wouldn't have money for quilting stuff --- works wondres. I have seen ladies with tears in their eyes. They are so happy to get it all.
----------------------------
Now THIS is one I'd never have thought of on my own. Thanks for the suggestion, it really does make sense. Especially for those "AHA!!" times when it finally sinks in that no way on earth will you ever use all that stuff, especially that (put in your own word here) ugly print/stripe/flower/seashells/etc that you have in your stash. And in each plastic bag could be a few hand needles and thread. I just rounded up all of mine and put them in a little fishing fly container and realized that I will never use up over a hundred of them of all sizes, since I freely acknowledge that I'm stubborn and stick to mostly one size!!