View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 12:31 PM
chickadeee55

QuiltE, Thank you for your words.

I have an appointment tonight to get my test results. About two weeks ago I have to go for some vision skill testing to determine how bad my VC was. Tonight I get those results.

My VC is bad enough that it effects me doing my job now, I spend alot of time on a computer and working with excel spreadsheets. I also gave up knitting 4 years ago, because of blurred vision. Which I am sure was the VC.

When I had my skill testing they put prisms in front of my eyes to see if they would help and it did, but they told me this is not a cure and your eyes will get worse. So, that mainly told me the therapy was my only hope.

What bothers me is I don't have any references to look at for the therapy, is it worth it. Yes, it is my eyes, but if the therapy doesn't work my option is prisms. I wanted some statics on it. Can't be found. I have read that at home therapy with computer programs don't work. (you can buy the software) But they say you need a clinic setting for the effect. Hmmm.

I don't know what I will do, I am concerned about my ability to so my job now, I also gave up reading books years ago, just can't do it, I get real bad eye strain headaches and then migraines after that.

Again, thank you for your comments. I will have to see what I learn at my appt tonight. The doctor I am seeing is an O.D.