Old 05-17-2011, 02:10 PM
qbquilts

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
We have them. I'm not too concerned about them. I don't know...it is kind of like radar detectors. Who needs a radar detector if you are going to drive the speed limit? Or do you need it because you want to speed & know where the cops are so you can slow down? (Like my husband) Same with the cameras. If you don't run lights then nothing to worry about. Speeding & running lights are against the law. Guess it is all about each persons perspective on right & wrong.
(emphasis by qbquilts!)

Totally agree with you on both counts. I admit, I do sometimes speed, especially when I'm judging by traffic and not by my dashboard. However, if I'm ever pulled over for speeding, I will not use the "but everybody does it" excuse.

We have major "red light runners" and "intersection blockers" issues in my city. The area by the mall, which is probably the worst area, recently got new traffic lights. They have a blue light on the back when the light is red so police can better say that the person did in fact run the light.

No red light cameras yet. But what about someone making a legal right turn? Completely stops before the line and then proceeds with caution to make a right turn. Do these cameras catch those people or are they okay?