Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Rose L

We are planning to become 3/4 time RVers this summer. I've already begun to fill the RV with the things I'll need to continue quilting while traveling. I made a list of everything I use on a regular basis while sewing and quilting, then I removed all of those that I have duplicates of and placed them in the RV. Now I have a list to work from that I can take with me when I shop or as I stop at quilt shops, I can pick up those things that I still need in the RV.

I've also packed up kits from my stash and include the patterns, thread, etc. that I'll need to complete each project. I've saved room to store any new fabrics I may buy on the road as well. I have designated the under-bed space as my sewing storage area. I have plenty of closets for everything else that I need in the camper so this space was a bonus area which worked out perfectly. Since I am storing everything as kits with everything I need for a project in each tub I don't really need any of the traditional methods for storing things other than sewing notions and even they fit mostly inside a storage bin. I store my cutting mat under the mattress and my long rulers as well.

The only thing I am debating about is whether I will be bringing my LA with me or not. I do have enough space that I can remove my sleeper sofa and place my LA frame in it's place, I am carrying a PVC quilting frame with me however so I may just decide to leave my LA at home and just plan to finish all my quilts during the winter when I'm at home. It's still up in the air though as I KNOW I'll end up wanting to finish one up in a hurry and don't really love FMQ on my standard machine. We do have a set of comfy chairs as well as the sofa so the sofa will probably not be missed if we decide to leave it at home.

I use my dinning table for sewing on and do my cutting on the counter top and my ironing on the cover of the stove with a towel laid down over it. That way I don't have much to move when we need to clean up after a meal. We do most of our cooking outside though instead of in the RV.