View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 PM
AFQSinc

Originally Posted by JulieR
This is going to raise some ire, but be careful with chiropractic. Chiropractors are not medical doctors and the practice is considered "alternative". That doesn't make it bad - I like acupuncture myself - just be careful you don't embark on a course of treatment that can make your condition much worse.
I am so glad that you said this. I was too chicken and felt that my first response was too long! :) I went to a chiropractor first when the pain was really acute and I didn't know what it was and while I did get some relief in the very short term (like one day then the pain would be back) it was not a good idea. The one that I went to did not do an MRI, only an x-ray. Very dangerous. Because my discs were on the verge of rupturing there was a very high chance that the manipulations could have ruptured the discs.

I am not saying that a chiropractor can't help but I would just make sure that he is fully aware of your specific situation and I would ask for references from his prior patients that he or she has treated that has your same condition or similar.