View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 06:12 AM
pittsburgpam

Thank you all... the more I look at it the more I like it, maybe even better than all the small stars. It does give the eye a rest between them. I really like the feathered star, my first one, and I didn't want to give up on it. I had to do with it what would make me happy to keep working on it. The small stars at the points of the FS looks good to me and the larger stars are just flying geese units. When things go too slow I get impatient to keep creating something new.

K3n, I'll have to take a look at some star quilting stencils. I just ordered a bunch of stencils but I don't think I any were stars.

I actually have the 48 log cabins in the works. All of them have at least 2 rows of light and dark, some of them the next strip of dark... and a few of them have the third strip of light even but that day nothing was going right and I wanted to get something DONE so I did the last strips of light on 4 of them, go to iron them, and see that I put the last strip on the wrong sides together. I was soooo done and had to do something about the stars that were making me not like what I was doing.