Old 05-18-2011, 12:18 PM
SandraAnn

I understand now, I do have an embroidery/quilting foot for both my Singer and my Kenmore. The feed dog drops on both of them so no need to cover right ? I have an attachment that looks like a walking foot but they called it something else, and I am not sure how to put it on. I guess I just need to take my time and figure it out instead of hurrying and trying to get things done to quickly.

Thank you very much, I will try get a picture and post it of the accessory that looks like the walking foot maybe you can tell me what it is.

Sandra

Originally Posted by emmah
Originally Posted by SandraAnn
Originally Posted by sewgull
Check your top tension, it may be to loose. The fleece may be the problem, cover the feed dog area.
I am not sure what you mean by cover the feed dog area?
My Kenmore machine doesn't drop the feed dogs, so I have to cover them with a piece of plastic. If you can drop them, you don't need to do that.
You might find a quilting/embroidery foot a help. It has a circular part that contacts the fabric, and a spring loaded shaft that keeps even pressure on the fabric. They are not too expensive. I find it really makes a difference when I am doing squiggly machine quilting.
For straight quilting and stitch in the ditch, I use a walking foot that keeps the fabric from scrunching and puckering. (They are a bit more expensive--between 15 and 25 dollars--you just need to get one that matches the height of your foot--either low shank or high shank.
Hope this helps.