View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Betty J

I am a long time embroidery machine user and I have an extra bobbin case especially calibrated to the embroidery bobbin fill thread I use. This is an extra expense, but well worth it in the long run.

Embroidery needle, bobbin fill, stabalizer and correct hooping are all very important for good embroidery results. Keeping your machine very clean in the bobbin case area is also important.

I only ever use good quality sewing, embroidery and bobbin thread and thankfully I am usually kept problem free. ( touch wood).

I would definitely not use clear or metallic thread in my bobbin. Good quality metallic threads work very well with a Metafil, Metallic or top stitch needle.

Free embroidery designs from a good digitizer always stitch well.

Hope this information is of help to you.

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
I downloaded a couple of free patterns of music notes, to put on a Bow Tuck tote. I'm using gold embroidery thread on top and white poly/cotton thread in the bobbin. I can't keep the bobbin thread from showing through on top. I read my manual, about adjusting the tension, but nothing is working. My tension is normally at 4. I've tried lowering it to 2 and 3 and increasing it to 5 and 6. Nothing happens. Is there something else I might be doing wrong?

TIA
Dorian