View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Just-Lee

Thanks for the replies! I have been without internet since my post...ugh! The deal with these machines...they have been in storage for over 30 years at a nursing home, but no one ever knew. Apparently, they threw out TONS of vintage fabric :( before the director knew about it. She was able to save the machines, as well as 2 large table looms, and is just trying to get money to go towards the employee Christmas fund. She really wants them to go to good homes, as she appreciates their history in general and the purpose they served years ago at the home...clothing repair and therapy!! If I can figure out how to post the pics in a reply, I will do so.

The main reason I want one, is because the older machines all had bigger throat areas, compared to basic machines of today, and the fact that I completely despise my new Viking!! :( I can trade up, with 100% of purchase towards a new one, but since I have been so discouraged with this one I hate to invest more money in another Viking machine. I am not one who will ever be fortunate enough to have several new machines or the extremely high dollar ones, so I need to love the one I have :)