View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 06:03 PM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

SewJoyce:
I am just starting a pattern similar to the dresden plate pattern called a dresden heart. I am so excited about how the first two blocks turned out that I was almost going to post pictures, even though I have another 18 blocks to go to finish the quilt pattern, but figured it is a bit early in the game for that.
I am using steam a seam 2 to attach the fan parts to the blocks and it is coming out beautiful, if I do say so myself. I have decided to make this one for myself it is so beautiful. Using a template and tracing the parts on the the paper then cutting them each out and ironing them on is really easy. I am almost out of the steam a seam and can not buy it here but my sister-in-law is coming back from Miami on the 20th of April and I have mailed some to where she is staying with my niece and she will be bringing it back with her. Of course I had to buy some more material to use as a frame around the blocks, two different color batiks! Can not wait until she gets back. LOL
Really, using this method is much easier then paper piecing. Give it a try! Let me know if you want to see the two blocks I have made thus far and I will post them and PM you when they are up.
Penny