Old 05-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Glenn

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Originally Posted by Glenn
Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn
Just lovely Glenn! I have a case like that to my latest ...99 it is in need of work. someone I think pried the case off and I am thinking I will have to get some hindge like closures to fix it. I will post a picture of it soon. The 99 is posted a page back. It needs some parts. Hoping she works!
Rose, take a pic of the under side of the top so I can see the front and back hardware so I can check out the damage. I don't know why people pry the case open when a small flat head screwdriver will unlock the case. Glenn
Ok Glenn, I will take a picture in few minutes and post here!
The locking hardware looks good but do need some wood and veneer repair. The left plate has been broken and needs to be replaced. Now where to find one is another thing. I will do some research and see what I can find. Billy may have a source. The top is okay except for the wood repairs. I have seen empty cases for sale on Ebay. Let me seed what I can do. Glenn