View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Quiltin'Lady

Hi Everyone,

I'm a horrible "lurker" -- I prowl around reading these beautiful quilting blogs that folks have, never saying a word. Then I found this place and spent nearly all day this past Sunday enjoying the pictures of everyone's BOM squares. So very, very lovely!

Well, I decided to come out of "lurk" mode and actually SAY something -- and I figured you folks were the ones I wanted to talk to...

I've been quilting for about 8 years, all baby quilts or wall hangings. My most recent (big) project was a quilt for my oldest grandson. It has 120 different "I spy" blocks in the center, surrounded by 7 rows of star points. His name is (paper-pieced) across the top (alphabet from Paper Panache), with the complete alphabet down the sides, and 1-10 across the bottom. It took me about 6 months to get it all done.

The most recent "small" thing I've finished is a wall quilt for my dining room. I decided to make the flowers 3-dimensional, so they're made with that super-stiff interfacing you use for bowls, with a button in the center. They're attached with large snaps, so I can wash it if I need to. I'm pretty pleased with it.

I've got at least six other projects at some stage of completion; I think I must have "quilter's short attention span" or something!

Anyway, thanks for being here. I'm looking forward to "meeting" you! :D

Peg

120 "I spy" squares (all different!) from eBay; pattern from a website; letters from Paper Panache.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30485[/ATTACH]

Just on a whim, I decided to make the flowers 3-D instead of applique. Kinda fun!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30489[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-27164.jpe   attachment-30485.jpe   attachment-30489.jpe