Old 05-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Kappy

Originally Posted by Little RoO
Before Christmas my husband asked what I would like for a present...and I asked if instead of presents if in the Spring he could change our small bedroom ( about 10'x10') into a nicer place for me to sew.
I was sewing on a small bench next to a single bed in what had been my daughters room, she now has a home of her own.
A few weeks ago I posted that he had started...we went to Ikea to get some ideas and realised that they had most of the things I wanted.
He gutted the room, carpet went, bench etc and walls were stripped, new electric points added.....and the following is the result....I am so delighted. It is a lovely bright room, masses of storage for my fabric in the cupboards and baskets.
We have put in a bed settee in so that it can still be used for friends. (Ok I still am trying to decide on the cushion covers !) The work surface is not secured so the furniture can be moved to make it look more like a bedroom if needed and the bulkhead of the stairs has been made into a storage box with space for cutting on the top.....I feel so happy
Looks lovely, lucky you!