Old 05-19-2011, 01:03 AM
HanNatNana

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Billy, this might seem like a ridiculous question but I thought that some place I read about someone taking two vintage machines and making the right cuts, etc. to make a longarm machine out of it. Have you ever heard of that? Or, would you recommend someone who wants to play around with two machines to make a make-shift longarm? :oops: :oops:
I'm not Billy but in the Brother PQ1500S group one of the ladies had her machine stretched so I'd say it could be done to vintage machines as well.

I'm on my way out to an appointment just now but will post photos later, if you want?

Bronwyn ;-)
Sounds good. What is the Brother PQ1500S group? I haven't heard of that. Will look forward to your posted photos. Thanks. :-D
PQ1500S is a 1500 stitches per minute, straight stitch (only) machine with pin feed, 9" harp and best of all for quilters, drop feed. It's commonly used on a quilting frame although I use mine on a sewing table at times when I feel the need for speed!!! I bought mine secondhand on eBay (with reservations) but would never part with it...what a fantastic machine!

They are being stretched by Rick of WOW Quilts, just googled and found is website along with a message about stretching Singer 201's.... <http://www.wowquilts.com/aboutus.htm> I got a quote from him to stretch mine but shipping to/from Australia was way too much...oh well!!! LOL

Here's a couple of photos, look along the top cover for an insert which is about the only visible evidence the machine is anything other than stock standard.

Billy and Glenn, would be interested to hear your thoughts too? I think (given the correct tools and workshop) this could be done easily, problem is I don't have this access these days. Oh well dreaming is free!!

Bronwyn
:mrgreen:

Brother 1300 predecessor to 1500 shown below
[ATTACH=CONFIG]199000[/ATTACH]

Brother PQ1500S stretched
[ATTACH=CONFIG]199001[/ATTACH]

Brother PQ1500S stretched
[ATTACH=CONFIG]199002[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-198994.jpe   attachment-198995.jpe   attachment-198996.jpe