Thread: Blackberries
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 05:03 AM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by jdiane318
You can layer them on a cookie sheet and freeze them, doesn't take very long. Pour frozen berries in freezer ziplock bag and keep. This way your berries won't be all stuck together and you can easily pour them out in a measuring cup when needed. One thing I have to admit I learned from Martha Stewart.
Yip me too.. Wash and let dry. when dry put on wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze.. I measure out four cups and sucky bag them (foodsaver). I will can them, make pies, cobblers, jams, use for cooking and baking..

I can honestly say thanks for the laugh.. I guess im spoiled, mine are in my orchard so there's no bears, coyotes, Possible snakes but my doggie will ward them off.. No poison, only organic pesticides and the only fighting ill do is with the birds.. and that's to see who can get to them first! but i think there will be plenty my hedges are almost 10 feet long. So i think sharing with the feathered friends would be ok..