Old 05-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
The 1/8 would be cut at 3/8 .... what I had done with making the bias for my Celtic block ... was to cut a strip from card stock or 3x5 card at 3/8 and placed in the middle of the 3/8 cut and iron each side to the center. Making the 1/8 bias....

I am not sure what to tell you for the 3/16.... 5/16 and do the same I am guessing.

I used the mini iron by Clover to press my bias. Used a small ironing mat and sat and ironed away. I cut my bias from fat quarters/ you get quite a bit from one.

You may find it easier to work with short pieces than a really long one. Hide your starts and stops at a point where it is covered by an overpass or under another bias piece. I hope that makes sense.
It makes sense. But there's longer pieces of leading that are uninterupted and can't be worked in smaller pieces.

Here's an example of what I mean. This is the Ruto window I was talking about a couple posts ago. I marked some of the longer pieces of leading (I did miss marking her other arm). The leading I marked in red is the one I measured to be more than 40". Its 3/16" leading and I wonder if I pieced two strips together to get the desired length if the seam from joining them together would create too much bulk since the bias tape will be so thin.

[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/RutoLINE.png[/IMG]
Ok ,,,, Here is what I see: Or a question of what I see :)

The red lines are continuous... ok but is it red around the face?

If not, you can do the red in two pieces... if I am seeing right.. and even if it is red around the face.... You can do each side up to the top of her head and the part that goes around her face (head) will cover the end piece of the other... do you see what I mean?
No, no, no, no. The leading is all black. I just marked the continuous lines in a different color so I could better show where.