Old 05-19-2011, 09:29 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by RUSewing
There is no one in my family or small circle of friends. I am fairly isolated, living in the country. I 'saved' the machines for their history and durability.
Hi Terry, I understand your situation also. I have a collection of vintage machines and plan to leave specific ones to specific grandchildren. With the rest, I plan to write out the history of them, how much I paid for them, when, where or whom I purchased them, etc.

My thought is that whomever takes them (in my family) can then decide for themselves or at least have the info if they want to sell them. That way my research and joy of each machine is not totally lost into thin air. And... just maybe... one of my grandchildren will take an interest that they don't have right now. Outlooks and sentiments change as we mature and I am trusting that goes for the future generations. Even a stranger that buys a vintage machine from one of mine can appreciate the info I have put together for them. An investment of history and my time... :-D