View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Kappy

A friend of mine had her sewing machine on the kitchen counter....kids couldn't reach it, and she sewed standing up, kept the notions and fabric she was using in the drawers below the counter. She made a cover for the machine just like a toaster and mixer use to be covered and just left it there. I had mine on the kitchen table for years, most of the sewing was done at night after kids were in bed, then when kids grew up and left for college, I took over one of the rooms, then kids started getting married and bring husbands and kids home for visits so had to give up the room, DH did add on a room which I took over part of for my sewing room...it is very small, I've seen lots of walk in closets that are bigger than my room, but I have windows, a great view, a place to leave my machine and my mess. I do find that having a room, I am much messier!! LOL I just want to say that the days and years will pass much too quickly and before long your problem will solve itself! Until then, sew when you can. Laugh in the face of chaos and make quilts! Oh, the dog...mine lays right behind my sewing chair and everytime I have to move she lets me know what an imposition it is for her LOL