Old 05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
irishrose

Greenini, a 301 is good for FMQ because the vertical bobbin feeds the thread straight into the stitch. With a flat bobbin the thread has to make a 45 degree turn. I have no trouble with 'birdnests' underneath like so many do. As far as sitting up on a table, she sits in the cut out in my serger table. I had to take off the legs that supported the extension and use two novels to make the height perfect, but, hey, whatever works. She has a $1 Kenmore cabinet waiting for her, but I need to get a 2 x4 and cut it to fit to make it perfect.

Bojangles, my 128 is totally black except for any thread guides, the presser foot lever, the handwheel and the Singer emblem. Even her faceplate is black, as are the thumbscrews and the presser foot.

There was a 15 on ebay last night going for $10, but I'm not sure I want to ship a heavy machine. The 301 came through in great shape, but she only weighs 16 pounds and was well packed. There are several 301s at good prices if you look far enough in the pages. Just checked - the 15 is up to $24 and it ends in four hours. The buttonholer I wanted ended because I forgot to check this morning. Whoops!