View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 12:00 PM
gramajo

My LQS has been having BOM from Jennifer Chiaverini's "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" pattern book. I can't remember the initial sign-up fee, but it included the book.

We receive the fabric for 4 blocks for $6 a month. Each clerk (all quilters) takes a turn in choosing the blocks and fabrics for the month. I am astounded by the amount of time they have all spent in cutting the fabric & rolling it into cute little bundles bound by a ribbon. A choice of pastel or fall colors was offered. A free meeting was held twice a month (both an evening and a Sat. morning session) led by the teacher of the month. Any special technique was explained and we could ask any questions if we were having trouble with a block.

The shop owner decided to end the program at 21 months (84 blocks) because they were having trouble finding blocks that would be suitable for all skill levels. The last I heard more than 150 quilters were doing this.

Now we have 6 months to finish the quilt. At that time, a completely pieced top will get a gift certificate from the shop. A completely quilted, bound and finished quilt will earn a higher gift certificate. In addition, fabric for sashing, backing and binding is available for 20% off through July.

I was keeping up with all the blocks until last fall when I learned I had 4 baby quilts that needed to be done. They are all done and delivered now so I am back to working on Sylvia. I will be ecstatic if I can get all the blocks done and the top pieced by Nov. :D

Thank you, Mary and all the rest of you at Top Shelf Quilts in Frankfort IL. :thumbup: :thumbup: I have learned so much!