View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 06:15 PM
natalieg

DH and I have five kids, all stair-stepped in ages. We were finally able to buy a house big enough to fit in when the oldest was 15. We put them in the two downstairs bedrooms and gave them a two-room rec room as well. I started quilting at the dining room table, with a few totes of fabrics and notions. Then, my DH talked me into taking over the spare bedroom (guest bedroom).
When the oldest turned 19 (still at home and in college), MIL hubby passed and she broke her hip the same day. So, she came to live with us and all my sewing stuff moved into a wide hallway downstairs, in totes, many totes as I had "collected" more things, including furniture.
The night that my last son moved out after graduation, I had done the touch-up painting, DH put the baseboards down, and I cleaned the carpets. I had all my sewing stuff in there by morning. It kept growing and DH talked me into moving into the two room rec room....sweet....till I outgrew it. When DD moved out and into town, I took over that room (largest bedroom in the house 11x18). Now that I have outgrown it, I also have a sewing area (room) upstairs so that I can sew there when MIL is up (I am her caregiver).
DH totally spoils me with my quilting, but I spoil him too with his hobbies.
He's a keeper!!!