Old 05-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by MarieM
Good evening all, I mentioned last Friday that I was calling on a Singer 15-91. I went today to take a look at it, very clean, started right up so I brought her home. Lots of attachments and accessoreis came with it. My question is this. If a machine is running well should it be dismanteled and cleaned or can I just oil her up and give her an exterior clean and shine? Also I know in Billy's lessons he uses brass cleaner on the badge, my new machine has a centenal badge so I didn't know if I should use brass cleaner on it or not. If not what do you recommend?

Thanks for the input and I'll post pictures this weekend.
Congrats!! I wouldn't use Brasso on a Centenial badge, and I've yet to give one of my machines a kerosene bath. It's not necessary for every old machine. They're all in fine condition and run like tops. :)
I have a Centennial 66 that I am going to Brasso the snot out of the badge! :lol: But it is in need of some serious cleaning. I guess it is just me but I give all of my machines the Kerosene bath just because I want a clean fresh new machine to start with for the base line. I do not dunk the entire machine in the Kerosene but just wash the mechanics with it and put a little in the oil holes to make sure the gunk is out. But that is just me and my preference.

Billy