Old 05-19-2011, 07:50 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
...Actually I contemplated a visit to the US 'if' I decided to get my machine stretched, pre-arrange with Rick at WOW, drop the machine to him, do the tourist bit and when he's finished, jump on a plane back home. At least I would have got something out of it rather than pay all those $$$'s for shipping.

Shipping within Australia is reasonable too, because I bought the Brother on eBay from the west coast (I live on the east coast) and shipping with full insurance was around $65 (from memory) and only took 4 days to get here. It would have taken me 5 days each way to drive and I'd hate to imagine how much for petrol.

Bronwyn ;-)
Thank you for sharing about Australia. That is one of the great things about this board... learning how things are done in other countries and also that many things are very similar to our own country. I have never traveled out of the US. My DH won't fly and I won't get on an oceanliner. That somewhat limits our travels. But, then again, there are so many beautiful things to see and enjoy here. I am sure that is true for you in Australia. :-D :-D