Old 05-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Cyndi H

Originally Posted by jtapp9
Originally Posted by Cyndi H
Hooray! : ) Sorry to cause you worry. I've been a lot more meticulous with Boomerang 5.0 - I"m taking pics of all the ones that come in, writing down who they're from, and posting them on my blog to keep track. (Should have done it with 4.0, but didn't. Lesson learned.)
Cyndi, you've already made quilts? We wanna see!!!!
Yup. I had 11 basket blocks from a previous swap that I mixed with a bunch of the blocks from this swap, and made a super-king-sized quilt for my 88-year-old mother. She'd been using a torn-up mattress cover as a "summer blanket" and I threw it away and promised her a quilt. I tried to get it done by Mother's Day, but that just snuck up on me. So I just got it back from the longarm quilter's today, sewed the binding on this evening (the first part), and will be doing the hand-stitching the next few nights. THEN, I'll go to my neighbor's 2-story house and hang it from her balcony for some pics. You can bet I'll be posting a pic here! I've made dozens and dozens of mini quilts, and a few lap-sized quilts and throws, but this is my first large quilt.