Old 05-19-2011, 08:05 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I am looking at a Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine Model 30 to purchase for my grandkids. It looks like a work horse and indestructible. Anyone have one?
I have one just like it. Bought it some years ago before I got into collecting much. I just had to have it because it's bounces from being totally ugly to totally cool. I just couldn't decide what it was but I knew I wanted it. I have to admit I have not sewn with it. I just look at it everyday along with some of my others. I think I might have an addiction of some sort. lol
Oh dear, I wonder if you do have an addiction?!? Hmmm...

I agree with you... it bounces from being totally ugly to totally cool. There is something about it that is attractive. I also have my 5 year old grandson in mind. He is a mechanically-minded little guy. Dials, gears, levers are a complete attraction magnet for him. His wonderful Mom is not a sewer so I want to put something in her hands that is not a headache if he decides it needs adjusting. Something that can be fixed easily when Grandma arrives! His favorite thing when I come to visit is my sewing machine... which ever one I want to bring. I definitely want to keep that interest growing. :-D