View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 02:42 AM
toadmomma

I have sewn sitting on the floor, to the kitchen table, to a space in the bed room, where I came home one day from grocery shoping to find a note from my husband that he had to take the youngest son to the hospital, then 2, because he had pulled the machine down off the desk onto his head and was pinned under it. Fortunately nothing hurt. Lessons learned: lock on door, don't leave kids with husband has no idea what it means when they are very quiet. Got a sewing cabinet that the machine folds down into so when not in use it was not available to little hands, in case the door didnt get locked. Stash can be put in the rolling containers under a beds, rolls out easy access. You could install folding screens attached at the walls that could close off the area and locked when not in use, and opened and folded back when using the machine. A wall ironing board installed, with the timer is great as it closes up, if you iron in that area also, A table that the sides fold up/down into a much smaller table are nice if you have the room. Shelves installed over your area to hold books etc. or stackin kitchen cupboards to make a tall, one with child proof locks , in a small space think vertical. Hope this helps. DEB