Old 05-20-2011, 05:13 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
PQ1500S is a 1500 stitches per minute, straight stitch (only) machine with pin feed, 9" harp and best of all for quilters, drop feed. It's commonly used on a quilting frame although I use mine on a sewing table at times when I feel the need for speed!!! I bought mine secondhand on eBay (with reservations) but would never part with it...what a fantastic machine!

They are being stretched by Rick of WOW Quilts, just googled and found is website along with a message about stretching Singer 201's.... <http://www.wowquilts.com/aboutus.htm> I got a quote from him to stretch mine but shipping to/from Australia was way too much...oh well!!! LOL

Here's a couple of photos, look along the top cover for an insert which is about the only visible evidence the machine is anything other than stock standard.

Billy and Glenn, would be interested to hear your thoughts too? I think (given the correct tools and workshop) this could be done easily, problem is I don't have this access these days. Oh well dreaming is free!!

Bronwyn
:mrgreen:
Bronwyn, this is really interesting! I did not realize that there was someone actually 'stretching' machines! Geeze, a 20 1/2 inch harp space! I have the HQ 16 (16 inch harp space) long arm setup on a 10 foot table, I also have the Pfaff Grand Quilter with a 9 inch harp space, but to have a quilting machine with a 20 1/2 inch harp space without spending a small fortune would be something.

What do you mean you put your machine on a sewing table when you want speed? I would think having it on the frame would be the fastest way to quilt?

Nancy