View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
okey doke....

I'm still catching up going back & forth from pg 47 :shock: man you ladies "chat" a lot!! [was gonna say yak but I thought someone might lose a few tail feathers.....]

three things b4 I pickup my grandson & take a 2yr old to "Gus n me"...
1 - Jacquie - did you take part in the Yurt Quilt in your area??

2 - about those dryer sheets to clean irons... I found a page with lots of hints like that - too much time to search now - but if someone reminds me - you will all love it!!

3 - about preparing points for machine applique - have never tried it - but as a daughter of an amazing dressmaker [God bless her - miss mom! :cry: ]
I wonder if you could sew a dart to a sharp point [wrong sides together] and then turn so seam is down & press?? you may have to take a few tacking stitches by hand at the point to make it site right but may be worth a try.
I'm needle turning - but will also try sometime

Monica
I'm trying to work out this darts thing in my head. I have sewn many a garment and in theory it sounds very interesting/possible.
They're such tiny pieces, but after sewing the point, you could trim right up, as much as you need, and then press the piece into submission.
I'm going to have to experiment a little, but I bought some Applique Fiber, so if that is 'good for me'...I'll probably just keep going. I like 'easy'.
So glad you brought this up though! hmmm, you've got my gears going.