Thread: 99k So sad!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 12:53 PM
ctub0126

I ordered a 99k with a case off ebay and prior to the auction ending contacted the seller and requested he pack it well so it didn't get destroyed in transport. This is how it came.

For clarification: I bought this through ebay and paypal and the seller resolved the issue immediately upon notification of the damage. I had contacted him before the bidding ended to tell him that I've had one of these cases ruined already in shipping and please be sure to pack it well. The purpose of this post was a/ to note how fragile these cases are, especially with how solid the machines are! It's sad to see something that has survived more than 70 years be destroyed by poor packing, and b/ as a warning so if you end up having one shipped you can clarify to the seller BEFORE it goes out what "well packed" means for this type of merchandise. Unfortunately if they don't deal with these machines regularly "well packed" can mean news paper and bubble rap, which does work for a lot of common items, but the pictures are the result with these machines.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-199698.jpe   attachment-199704.jpe   attachment-199713.jpe   attachment-199714.jpe   attachment-199715.jpe  

attachment-199718.jpe