View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 06:35 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cookn
I keep a binder of everything quilting. It's a quilt planner, an idea book, my shopping lists, anything and everything to do with our quilting addiction.

A quilt is in the book from conception to finish. I've got quilts that haven't even been started, quilts that are half way finished waiting for more inspiration, swatches of fabric for the quilt.

It's really handy when you live 50 miles from the closest shop and you happen on a LQS. We have an old Bernina bag that stays by the door and when we leave to go off somewhere it gets thrown in the Jeep. It really helps keep you on track.
Oh my gosh, Cookn, you sound so much like me....is that good? lol!
I keep records of everything, pics, and I have a special nylon tote, strong enough to hold my books, notebooks with paper, graph paper, pens, etc. hangs on my dining r. chair, to snatch up, the minute i am going more than 8 miles from home. I'm like a smoker, can't be gone without my addiction paraphenalia!!! Away from home...I study, floor tiles, wall paper, magazines, ads, packaging,...inspirations for quilt blocks or color combo's are everywhere...and if I don't draw or write down, right then,...I would not remember later. :P