Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 PM
miriam
Power Poster

[quote
Here is t he problem... it's not the bobbin or the bobbin case, it is the throat plate. Three different things. The bobbin and the bobbin case I can hold in my hand. The throat plate I can't remove. So why is it not in "notch B2"?? It should be. I didn't remove it, but I can't get it out to replace it in the correct position. I have had the bobbin and case out before to refill or replace the bobbin, but the throat plate never "moved" out of position before. My book has the same picture in it on page 11. There has to be a way to remove it for cleaning as the book says, but it doesn't say how.[/quote]

I wonder what is keeping the throat plate from coming out - it is held on by a couple screws. Are they too tight? You don't have to take the shuttle off you just turn it until it fits in the notch B2 - then quick screw the throat plate back down. I wouldn't remove or disassemble the shuttle ever - not for cleaning even. Shoot some canned air or something to get the lint out. I use a clean eyelash brush to clean. It could be that it had some lint in there and jumped the track or something. Who knows - could be the sewing machine gremlins got in there one night when you weren't looking. Pray a lot...

The screws are in an awkward position. I use a screw driver tip DH gave me from his kit. Then I bought a tiny wrench to go over the tip. I use it for feed dogs or throat plates. Other wise a long skinny screw driver with the tip ground at a bit of an angle will work - I had a good one that was stolen when someone threw the sewing machine through the door and broke in my house.