Old 05-21-2011, 03:35 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i was told the flat rate envelopes could not hold ANY fabric- that the envelopes were for documents' sheets of paper only---my p.o. made me switch the contents of my envelope to a tyvek bag type of packaging....which of course is not (flat-rate)
postage increases along with gas price increases are sure changing the way i do things...and the things i get to do- continuous running swaps- programs i've had to stop signing up for --which is a bumber- but a second job is out of the question right now...
It would be nice/helpful/less confusing if all the Post Offices interpreted the regulations the same way.

So far I haven't had problems with mailing fabric in the FRE - I've brought the envelopes to the window (May 2011) - I'm asked if the contents are "whatever the question is" - I tell them that they are "addictive" - and the clerk laughs and says "oh, it's fabric again"

One of the "new" clerks told me I had too much tape on it - I had reinforced the top corners and the bottom edge - but let it go.

Then I'm asked "Do you want insurance on it?" And I ask them, "Are you planning to lose it or damage it?"

When the FRE first came out, I was told that if one could get the envelope to cover whatever it was, it could be mailed.

I think they've modified that.