Thread: Quilting Class
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 10:51 AM
omak

Classes help people like me get moving on something.
I tend to gather all the supplies, books, tools, and keep gathering all the books, tools, and fabric ...
In order to bust me out of the hunting gathering phase of my obsession, I had to take classes to make myself actually accomplish something with everything I owned - - or at least a portion of it.
More than ten years ago, I made myself jump in and actually produce a quilt by joining a list, much like this one and committing to working on a mystery quilt (even that took me two years to complete).
A local class allowed me to meet local quilters and form a workgroup for my chosen charity ... and, that has helped me understand what I really like about quilting - - colors, angles, and practicality ... much more important than spending money <g> but, not by much!
Before I ever did any of that, I watched a lot of Elenor Burns on television, and Simply QUilts, Carol Duvall ... and, if they sewed it, I watched it.
Not everyone needs as much encouragement and input as I did ... there is no right or wrong way to learn ... but, there sure are a lot of aids to help us get there.