View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 09:44 AM
irishrose

Good afternoon, all. I just went to a garage sale to look at 'antique sewing machines'. Boy, was she right! Two little New Homes that had to be pre 1900. They were not in good shape - the cabinets were, but not the irons or machines. So no temptation there.

Sabotage?? Not planning ahead. It's always, "Oh, I'm hungry. What can I grab?" Haven't done much shopping with the back problem, so the choices aren't always healthy. My Mother's Day is tomorrow. My 2nd daughter is coming from out of town to go flower shopping with at least one other daughter. It's fun to grab a lot of flowers and let someone else pay the bill. Maybe I'll get one of the girls to go to the grocery and push the cart while I shop. When the oldest two are together, it is a riot. Lots of fun.

montanajan, what a great incentive. Eight pounds is wonderful - maybe even too much unless this your first month dieting. Horses are so special, but are expensive. Dogs are bad enough. $292.98 this week for two well doggy exams and various preventatives for the next few months. Ouch! I'd say they're worth it, but right now they've taken up excavating my lawn and I'm not happy.