View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 10:31 AM
mommafank

Originally Posted by judymay
Originally Posted by mommafank
I would suggest pulled pork. Take a large pork roast and rub it with Applewood seasoning rub. Put it in your crock pot on highto cook fasted or low if you have several hours. Do not add anything else---not even liquids. If on high in about 6-7 hours the pork will be shred easily. Have favorite BBQ ready on the side and some buns for those who like it on a bun. Honestly, this simple recipe will be a hit for you.
I am going to try this. It sounds so easy and good. I have never used applewood seasoning but I will be on the lookout for it. Is there a brand name, like McCormicks or Durkee?
It is McCormick's Grillmaster rub. My SIL works for SYSCO foods and told us about how good it is. First time we made it for a huge family crowd of 14 for a birthday get together for GS. Everyone said they were going to go home and make it again. I made it past weekend for visiting family and they ate a ton of it. I made some buns as well---nice recipe that starts with bread machine dough and then just shape, rise and bake. If you would like the recipe would be glad to send it along.