miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by miriam
In the beginning of the week, I posted that the bobbin "throat plate" just goes around in my FW and tonight it the first I've been able to get to it. Someone told me the "finger" needed to be put in the "notch". That appears to be the problem, but I can't get the throat plate out. I have no idea how it came out to begin with. I have never removed it. So how do I get it out to put it back in correctly??
do you have a manual?
I do, but it doesn't show me how to remove it. Just to be sure it's inserted correctly if you should remove it. LOL! Driving me crazy!
I might be turned around on my 'replies' and 'quote replies' but back on page 1061 Miriam wrote:

check out page 8 or 9 in the operator manual
http://www.singer-featherweight.com/...es/singfea.pdf

Figure 12 look at B2 and A2
Then on the next page there is a "CAUTION: If the throat plate is removed for cleaning the stitch forming mechanism, etc., make certain when replacing the throat plate that the position finger (A2) enters the notch (B2) of the position plate attached to the under side of the throat plate."

those old manuals have a lot of info - it might pay to check in there

I am having the same problem and couldn't tell from the tiny diagrams in the original manual that came with my FW.

Sewwww, I have printed it out and am going to try it after we eat dinner here pretty soon. I like that the online manual shows the diagram much larger and also, that I can go on to the computer if it isn't big enough and increase the percentage size of the text by clicking on (in the lower right hand corner of my screen) and increase the percentage size even larger. Maybe you and I will both be succcessful using this online manual. Let me know how it works for you. :-D
Take the screws out of the throat plate. Then just lift the throat plate out. The bobbin holder/shuttle thingy will rotate all by itself. You will have to rotate it up to the correct position when you put the throat plate back on according to the directions in the manual - really not too hard. Some times you have to pray a lot. You can do it. Get a good look at the diagram for how the shuttle & throat plate nestle. The only thing you should take apart is the throat plate. That diagram where they take it all apart is pretty scary and not what you need.
Okay....I think I can do this...they are really tiny screws, right?? I wondered if I'd have to do this. Isn't it interesting that it just slipped out?? I really do believe the gremlins got to it!
I have no diagram of it all apart. If I did I wouldn't have hesitated to take it apart. All my picks show it all together. The only thing they've taken apart and shown pics of is the tension apparatus. I'm going to attack this FW myself with your help! Thank you so much! (Of course, I have to wait until I've done hubby's bidding and mowed the grass. UGH! Doesn't he know I have important things to take care of??? LOL!
You can do it - the two screws are right next to the presser foot. That's it. Then just rotate the shuttle (the thing that holds the bobbin) until the little notch lines up with the throat plate. Put the 2 little screws back in before she gets away.