View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 11:54 AM
thepolyparrot

I'm fairly new to EQ, but I tried Quilt Design Wizard and within a few minutes of installing it, I was amazed at how much fun it was but I also knew that it was way too limited for what I wanted to be able to do.

I LOVE EQ7 and I have bought many more of the add-on programs and collections.

My only complaint is that it isn't very intuitive. You need to consult the help files and manual frequently because things don't function the same way in EQ as they do in other drawing or graphics programs. (because it isn't just a graphics editor, although it does contain a graphics editor) It's been the most difficult program I've ever tried to learn - and that includes the DOS programs that I first used back in the 80's in my first exposure to computers.

I have so much fun with it, though and it's so practical. Being able to use "real" fabric swatches to fill in the patches, to try different layouts, to draw my own block variations, audition different fabrics for sashings and settings - all of that is a blast! :)

But it's also handy to be able to print yardage charts, pictures of the blocks and the whole quilt, the rotary cutting directions, or templates or paper foundations.

I'm a big fan of this program and even though it sometimes gives me grey hairs, I don't regret this purchase even one little bit. :)