Old 05-21-2011, 03:23 PM
greenini

I've told my story before, but here it is again. Our VW van was broken down in Angleton, Tex and while we waited for a new transmission to be Gray-hounded to us, we went shopping in all the antique shops around. Found my FW in one, I think they wanted $150. I had seen some in VA for $400, so I knew the price wasn't too bad. Found a quilt shop and the book "the perfect portable" by nancy johnson srebro (it's still a great book, btw and I think she's published a newer edition) and we studied it, plus talked to the quilt shop owner and a friend of hers who was very knowledgable and helpful.

Went back very next day when the store opened, and tried to get that sucker to make a stitch, but no dice. Another shopper took a good look, told us he knew sewing machines and nothing serious was wrong with it. We made an offer of $120 and it was mine! Did have a mechanic check it over at home and he put the tension back together where DH had gotten a bit overenthusiastic :shock:

I've had her about 10 yrs now and I just adore her. When ever I can find new toys for her at thrift shops or whatever I get them because we like to play together!

my favorite toy, the penguin walking foot, very rare, it waddles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200252[/ATTACH]

back side and box for walking foot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200253[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-200246.jpe   attachment-200247.jpe